City of Delaware business owners wanting an outdoor dining/seating area, decorative items, or merchandise on the public sidewalk in front of their business are required by City Code to have a Revocable Sidewalk Use Permit. To apply on-line for a permit:
- Create an account at this link.
- Be sure to have a current insurance certificate and a sketch of the layout of your outdoor dining/seating area or decorative items on the public sidewalk in front of your business. You will be prompted to scan and upload these documents as PDFs with the completed application.
- You will also be asked to download, print, and sign the Conditions of Sidewalk Use Permit. Scan and upload this document as a PDF, as well, with the application.
- When you hit SUBMIT, your Sidewalk Use Permit Application materials will be sent to the City of Delaware Planning and Community Development Department for review. Once approved, your permit will be emailed directly to you. (Be sure to keep your permit documents on file to reference next year.)
- If you are a new building/business owner requesting a permit for the first time, or if you have changes from last year’s permit, you will be invoiced a $25 application processing fee.
- Helpful Links
All 2019 applications, new or renewal, must be submitted ON-LINE before March 15. For any questions regarding your Sidewalk Use Permit or the new on-line application process, please phone 740-203-1600.