City of Delaware business owners wanting an outdoor dining/seating area, decorative items, or merchandise on the public sidewalk in front of their business are required by City Code to have a Revocable Sidewalk Use Permit. To apply:
- Login or create an account at this link.
- Have ready your current liability insurance certificate. Scan and upload as a PDF when prompted.
- Click AGREE to the permit conditions when they pop up.
- Then click SUBMIT. Your Sidewalk Use Permit Application is sent to the City of Delaware Planning & Community Development Department for review.
- Your approved permit will be emailed directly to you.
- An invoice for the $25 processing fee will be emailed to you if you are a new business owner requesting a permit for the first time, or if you have changes from last year’s permit.
- Helpful Links
New or renewal applications must be submitted ON-LINE. For any questions regarding your Sidewalk Use Permit or the new on-line application process, please phone 740-203-1600.