Welcome and thank you for your interest in working for the City of Delaware!
The City of Delaware only accepts online job applications. You can apply online by clicking on the job title you are interested in and clicking on the “Apply” link. If this is the first time you are applying using our online application system, you will need to create an account and select a username and password. Your application can be saved and used to apply for additional openings.
Please note that the application system is not compatible with mobile and tablet devices nor with Apple Safari. Please complete your application on a desktop or laptop computer using Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox web browser.
For those without a home computer, you may complete your profile and application by coming to Delaware City Hall – Department of Administrative Services, Monday thru Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. or by visiting your local library. In Delaware, public access computers are available at all of the Delaware County District Library locations.
To view our current opportunities, click here, or see below:
Police or Fire Department Openings
Click here to be redirected to our testing vendor site and for details on our recruitment process. The City continually accepts exam scores through our testing vendor; however, we do not accept applications for employment unless there is a vacancy. If you are interested in working with our safety forces, the first step is to complete your entry exam through our testing vendor. Part-Time Firefighter: The City is currently looking to fill several part-time firefighter positions in order to implement a part-time program. Part-time personnel will be eligible for full-time vacancies. Schedule your exam here.
Municipal Court Openings
Click here to be redirected to the Municipal Court page to view current openings.
• Online applications are stored on a secure site. Only authorized employees and hiring authorities have access to the information submitted.
• It is important that your application show all the relevant education and experience you possess.
• Submitted applications become property of the City of Delaware, as a matter of public record, and are subject to disclosure.
• Applications may be rejected if incomplete.
• Individuals receiving a conditional offer of employment will be required to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen. Designated safety forces positions will also require successful completion of a pre-employment physical in addition to a psychological and polygraph examination. For positions requiring a CDL, successful completion of a DOT physical and drug panel is required.
• United States citizenship or legal alien status is required for all employees. Proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States is required.
• Individuals receiving a conditional offer of employment for positions requiring an advanced degree and/or professional certifications must provide an official copy of their accredited university/college transcript(s) and certification(s) before a final offer will be made. The City will also verify High School Diplomas and GED’s.
The City of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer.